northshorepom

Hi! NSP checking in

Hi all

Just nipped over here from PIO....will cross post my "Sydney attractions" thread soon and add to it

In the meantime, hi to everyone! Dad of 2, originally from Sheffield via London, Cambridge, Suffolk and about a dozen other places in 5 countries. Been in Sydney since 2011 and living in the Upper North Shore

• Like 2

Hi NSP lovely to see you over here, that thread would be great its a shame we can't just pick it up and drop it in. Didn't know you were from Sheffield is that where you were born and bred?

Hi North Shore Pom

Just wanted to say how helpful I find all your posts and to thank you for them! You're a mine of information and I"m sure many, many PIO members and lurkers look forward to your nuggets of wisdom!

As for me, hello everyone, I've been mainly a lurker and occasional poster on PIO for about a year. Left the UK in December last year and arrived in Sydney at the end of March. It's been a steep learning curve! Currently living in the lower north shore but planning to move as soon as our 12 month lease is up. Am looking forward to seeing this forum developing into a really great place for both 'locals' and tourists :)

• Like 5

Hi NSP lovely to see you over here, that thread would be great its a shame we can't just pick it up and drop it in. Didn't know you were from Sheffield is that where you were born and bred?

No probs, will cross post it later

Sheffield? I wouldn't say born and bred. Dragged up maybe. Moved around a lot as a kid though, so don't have the accent. Just the attitude ;-)

• Like 2

Hi North Shore Pom

Just wanted to say how helpful I find all your posts and to thank you for them! You're a mine of information and I"m sure many, many PIO members and lurkers look forward to your nuggets of wisdom!

As for me, hello everyone, I've been mainly a lurker and occasional poster on PIO for about a year. Left the UK in December last year and arrived in Sydney at the end of March. It's been a steep learning curve! Currently living in the lower north shore but planning to move as soon as our 12 month lease is up. Am looking forward to seeing this forum developing into a really great place for both 'locals' and tourists :)

Hi Lizzie!

Good to hear from you.....is the place you're living that bad, then?! :D

Thanks for the compliments. Not sure I deserve them, when I'm causing arguments ;)

• Like 1

hehe no the apartment itself isn't *bad*, it's just the most soulless area I've ever lived in! Looking to move somewhere better and with more character once our lease is up.

We're in St Leonards...explains all, really! High rise apartment and office blocks and pretty much nothing else. Great transport links though. It'll do for now.

I'm love shoes, nipped over from PIO and another of Kate's forums :joyful:

I don't live in Sydney, so really shouldn't be here, lol, just visited though for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it .... will go back ... Missing the pork ribs at I'm Angus already ..... :angelic:

Thanks to NSP for all the advice & information leaving up to our trip and for replying to my many personal messages :happy:

• Like 1