Sign in to follow this  
franfran

Mash Cafe, Glenbrook

Every now and again we go for a drive to the Blue Mountains. One place we stop to eat at fairly often is the Mash Cafe at Glenbrook in the Lower Mountains (and, before you ask, there's more than potatoes on the menu). they're open late for dinners on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but we always seem to be there on a Saturday afternoon. It's got a nice atmosphere and it's reasonably priced too. We obviously like it as we keep coming back. Their website tells you all about the place and lists their menus: Mash Café Restaurant - Glenbrook Blue Mountains Australia

Glenbrook has a rather interesting small shopping centre, a good park and a large tourist information centre as well

Guest daipham

This is an interesting information, an ideal place for us to enjoy. Thank you.:)

Went there on Saturday. We both had Pan fried Mushrooms & Spinach on Organic Turkish toast. I had bacon with mine and my "other half" had a poached egg with his. Last time I had this dish I just had the mushrooms, spinach and toast. It was great like that, but it was so much better with the bacon.....

Ive been past there many times heading down to the National Park and Jellybean Pool. I must make a point of stopping in there next time and trying it out.

Make sure you to take a raincoat, forecast is for showers, windy and a top of 17C.

A nice hot bowl of soup with a crusty bread loaf, washed down with a nice cappuchinio or two........that would make the journey worthwhile.:)

Guest Social.Aperitif

This post has just inspired me to revisit the Blue Mountains- bring back some of those 'childhood' holiday memories... and check out this Mash Cafe- I looove gourmet brekkies....

Went there today - it has changed hands had a makeover and change of name. It's now called 2773 . I was rather disappointed to see that the mushrooms and baby spinach on Turkish toast has been dropped from the menu but, other than that I have no complaint. I had fish, chips and salad, and very nice it was....