Sign in to follow this  
Guest franfran

Slumdog Millionaire

Guest franfran

We went to see it a couple of weeks ago on a friday after work. About fifteen minutes into the film I was asking myself how I managed to get talked into seeing something like that and even whether or not I could watch the whole film - bits of it just seemed so depressing and brutal even. Then something changed and it became a very enjoyable film - funny in places and even thrilling at a few points - and when you got near the end it became evident that the film wouldn't have worked unless it started like that.

It's well worth seeing, just don't be put off by the beginning.....

Guest Snooks

I recently read the book and it is one of those books once you start reading it, your life kind of stops and you just have to finish it.

I thought it was a great story. I want to see the movie, but as you know most movies never live up to the book.

Guest Snooks

I just finished watching the movie, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Mainly because of the places that the book and movie diverged. I know they need to cut down the story to fit in into a 90 movie story, but I felt it missed some key parts of the story.

If I waited longer to watch the movie after reading the book, I might have enjoyed it better.

Guest syd_gal

saw this on sunday. i enjoyed it, the romantic story line was a bit ott at times, though.

Guest RoryJCole

I thought it was quite sweet, but then again I was expecting it to be a lot more harrowing and brutal.

I saw the main actor interviewed on John Stewart, which was a pretty short interview, but long enough for him to say way too much: essentially, his reason for going on the show! I couldn't believe it! Silly bugger.

Guest franfran

I really enjoyed the movie when we saw it in the cinema (it was at the Dendy at Newtown) once it got past the first 20 minutes or so, but somehow I don't think I would want to watch it again....

Guest Snooks

I enjoyed the film but must admit to being dissapointed at how the actors were treated and paid, especially after the film was over and done with.

The poverty in that country is totally unbelieveable:(