Melly_Moo2015

defence family moving to sydney

Hi, my husband is in the defence force and will be posting to Sydney, HMAS Waterhen in North Sydney next year. We have a 5.5year old and 3 year old who will be one year older when we arrive. We will be getting a DHA house within a 30km radius of North Sydney. I would like to know the nicest family friendly suburbs within that 30 km radius of HMAS Waterhen please? keep in mind it's not about the cost of housing as the defence force will organise our house through DHA I'd like to know more about the life styles in the suburbs close by. Also which to avoid! Without sounding racist, I'd like to be in an area mainly Australian born population, have a bit of a yard and not be too far from the beach. (I say this bc my grandmother lives in Fairfield, she loves it and been there 50+ years. That is the complete opposite type of suburb of what I'm after, if this helps.)

My husband has also mentioned he isn't keen to cross the bridge everyday on the way to work as there is a toll. Not sure how much or how annoying that would be?

Helpful info appreciated as I am a little stressed! THANKS