sandro

Sydney suburbs for families

Hi,

I'm wondering about good suburbs for families that are about 1 hour from Sydney / the coast. The suburbs of interest should have good schools, calm and nice for families, good commute to Sydney (bus/train/boat) and not to expensive. I've been looking around on the real estate market and don't really know where to look....obviously the cost suburbs are lovely but so are the prices...

I'm very grateful for recommendations. :) Thank you in advance, best Sandro

Im looking at pockets within the western suburbs. Affordability is better and there are so good schools too. The transport links are reasonably ok, (currently by bus) but the northwest rail link will be operating in 2019 which will make things far better.

The coast is about a 45 minute drive so not too bad.

So far I'm liking Kellyville, Stanhope Gardens, Baulkham hills, Rouse Hill. But I'm looking forward to exploring properly

• Like 1

Im looking at pockets within the western suburbs. Affordability is better and there are so good schools too. The transport links are reasonably ok, (currently by bus) but the northwest rail link will be operating in 2019 which will make things far better.

The coast is about a 45 minute drive so not too bad.

So far I'm liking Kellyville, Stanhope Gardens, Baulkham hills, Rouse Hill. But I'm looking forward to exploring properly

Thank you so much Flake for the reply! I'll deffinetly check the places out! :) Have a great week end!

• Like 1

Thank you so much Flake for the reply! I'll deffinetly check the places out! :) Have a great week end!

You're welcome!

When are you planning on moving?

You're welcome!

When are you planning on moving?

Well it's like this...

My girlfriends sister and her family moved to Manly two years ago leaving everything behind in Sweden and they are loving it. I've alwyas dreamt about Australia since I was young and we plan to visit them next year. If things are the way I think they are my goal is to leave Sweden and move to Australia....I just have to convince my girlfriend lol...I've never felt like home in Sweden, the climate, the people even though I'm born here (with an Italian father) it's too dark, cold and grey for me.

We'll see...my dream is to move with in 3 years or so. We have one daughter and a child on it's way for late August. I'm hooked on these real estate sites checking prices in different areas. Also I'm watching alot of Selling Houses in Australia and Location Location Location Australia. Sure Manly looks lovely, but it's so expensive.

Where do you live Flake?

• Like 1

I think once you visit your girlfriend won't take much convincing! Fantastic place to raise children too!

I have never been to Sweden but that's my biggest gripe with the UK too- the greyness. I am not bothered by the cold as such but the lack if sunshine bothers me.

Currently I'm in the UK (born here too) with my Australian husband, I lived in Australia for 3 years before we both came to the UK. We felt at the time it would be good for us to try both countries so we could make an informed decision on where to remain permanently. It was apparent very quickly that Aus would be our choice but we felt we should make the most of the time here for travelling etc.

We hear back in May which is so exciting but we will still be searching new areas to settle in, we lived on the lower north shore previously 10 minutes from Balmoral Beach which was sooo gorgeous but it's too expensive for us now as we have a little baby now, need more space and less out-goings!!

I hope you can make your dreams come true, as I said I will be there from May so will let you know once we have settled on a good choice that could help you moving forward!

I just googled Balmoral Beach...wow...

Well, if you live in the UK you sure understand what I mean with the cold, dark and grey. Once I became a father it even got more important to me as I want a more family-friendly country and climate. The winters in Sweden are soooo long + I hate snow. I just don't wanna sit at home with my kids because of the dark and cold weather. We live in a semi-detached house 1 hour from Stockholm and I think that is perfect...living "close" to a city but still having peace and quiteness around you. I think and hope Australia is the answer. The dream would be a house (backyard for a pool in the future) in a family-friendly community /suburb... 1-1,5 hour bus/train to Sydney.

So in May you head back? I understand the excitement! Please keep me updated on where you settle in and more suburbs that you can recommend! :)

• Like 1

Sounds like exactly what we are looking for on our return too, having children really changes perspective on things.

I'm sure Australia will be the answer for you, and if you already have family there you are one step ahead already!

The areas I have mentioned I describe a lot of the time as suburban paradise, tree lined, wide streets, lots of greenery, play parks for the children and decent shopping facilities near by- the biggest draw back is the drive to the beach, but when you go to the beach you usually make a day of it anyway so less than an hour doesn't seem too bad to me!

Will keep you posted on final settlement! We are staying with family for a few months so we won't choose until sept/October time but I will keep you posted on any findings inbetween!