Sign in to follow this  
Guest Irene

Parents visa subclass 600

Guest Irene

Hi,

Wondering if there is anyone could give me advice on how to extend my 12 months visitors visa.

In June 2013 I applied for my PR with a parents contributory 600 visa while I was in the UK. They said it would take between 12-18 months to come through

In December 2013 I was able to get a 12 months visitors visa, this has enabled me to be with my family who all live in Sydney. I am staying with my son at the moment and see my daughter and grandchildren every day and really do not want to leave them.

My visitors visa runs out on the 08/12 which is fast approaching and I am still waiting to hear about my PR application.

My immigration lawyer has said there is a backlog of applications and I have not been allocated a case worker yet. Nothing is happening, I have not had my medical yet.

Basically I would like to remain in Australia with my family while waiting for my PR to come through.

Could I apply for a extent ion on my 12 month visa or is there another way round it.

Any advice would I be great,

Thanks in advance

Guest Irene

I am happy to let you all know that Yesterday I applied for a extension on my visitors visa and less than 24 hrs later it was granted.

I now can stay till June 15 which should be plenty time for my P R to come through.

All that worry and all I needed to do was ask !!

Happy lady xx