SR1980

Moving to Sydney

My husband and I are emigrating to Sydney and have just put our house up for sale in the UK http://www.abbotts.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Hadleigh/4 we want to know if we will be able to get something similar in the Sydney area? Our estate agents are great and we would definitely recommend them for anybody else selling their property in the UK. Does anybody have an suggestions for estate agents in the Sydney area? We have high expectations after our great experience with Abbots.

• Like 1

The most expensive home on the Abbott's site is 475,000 pounds? What is that in Aussie $? $900,000 perhaps? Have a look on www.domain.com.au, and see what is available in your price range, and in the part of Sydney you are planning to live, of course. You may be pleasantly surprised, but then again you may be horrified! Buying a house, it does not really matter which agent you use, because they act for the seller, I assume? Unless you going to use an agent to search out a property for you. You will see plenty of real estate agents on the Domain site anyway.

For 4 bedroom homes like that you will be mostly seeing prices over 1million in the Sydney area. It will depend obviously how far away you are willing to live from the CBD. I'd have a look on realestate.com.au, domain.com.au and at some of the big individual companies like century21.com.au. North of Sydney becomes very expensive, West of Sydney is more affordable.

Houses in Sydney ARE expensive I'll tell you that, but it depends on what exactly you need - obviously if you've got kids or are intending to bring over a tonne of stuff, you'll need a house with more than just a bit of storage space in the attic and garage. You'll probably be safer off coming here a little earlier to vet estate agents and have a good look around the neighbourhoods. It might give you a better picutre of price and the like. Good luck!