Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bevan

Looking to play soccer

Guest Bevan

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I'm looking at playing 11-a-side soccer on a Sunday and can't find any clubs anywhere.

Google etc only seems to bring up children's clubs (I'm 27 i don't think i would get away with playing for the under 8's)

Does anyon eknow any or have any contacts, especially for clubs in the Inner West (I'm currently located at Olympic Park).

Cheers,

Bev.

Guest Mary Rose

Look in the local paper for your area. I can't think what it is called? 'Inner West Courier' Perhaps? Whatever, all the local papers have adverts at this time of the year for various sporting teams, with the registration days and dates. I think I saw one in the Wentworth Courier for teams playing at Queens Park.

Google 'NSW Soccer Federation' too, which is sure to have information about teams. I did that once before.

And lastly, try the big clubs, eg. Lidcombe Catholic Club (Dooleys), as they often have sporting teams.

Guest Mary Rose

www.footballnsw.com.au is the NSW football one. I just looked at it and it has a search engine to find a club in your area, though you may have to go further afield if the teams in your age group are full.

I had a look at www.granville.soccer.com.au too, and Dooleys does not have a soccer team, but some of the licensed clubs do.

Guest northshorepom

There are loads of clubs - try the "Find a Club" thing on the football federation website:

http://www.myfootballclub.com.au/index.php?r=7&sr=0&id=63&search_value=glebe&btngo=

I have a mate who lives in Pyrmont who plays somewhere in the Inner West, good standard I believe

IME most of the clubs that run kiddy soccer have adult teams as well - the kids teams are a good money earner for them, keeps them going. My son's club certainly has adult teams, although I am resisting attempts by people trying to convince me to play. I was never any good and am way too old now!