Sign in to follow this  
Guest jt8277

UK Car and Motorcycle Driving Licence Swap Over NSW

Guest jt8277

Hello Friends (hope its okay to call you my friends),

I will be moving to Sydney on 08th January 2014, and the job I will be doing will require me to travel around a lot, and think swapping over my UK Driving Licence is not only a requirement but advisable. I have one or two concerns about the process that I am hoping someone can help me answer:

I have read the loads of information on forums and the various NSW Government Websites about transferring your licence over, and think because I have had my Car Licence since 2000 and my Motorcycle Licence since 2009, I don't think it is going to be a problem... or so I thought...

...I recently read that they look at the date at which the licence was issued rather than how long you've actually had the licence so it is advisable not to renew your licence even if it is due to expire because it will show you've only had the licence for a short time. I obviously read this after I have just recently changed the address on my licence, and now it will show the licence was issued only a few short months ago.

The last thing I need is to be given a Provisional Licence, this will hinder my professional driving for work, plus I have had my licence for over 10 years.

The UK Licence has on the back when the licence was obtained and when it expires...

So do you think this will be a problem?

When I get settled the first thing I would like to do is get a motorcycle again (so missed it) and I would like to be unrestricted, like I am in the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours

Ben

Guest jt8277

Oppps sorry, this has gone in the wrong area... New to this forum not sure how to move it.