Mary Rose

Eating at my usual haunts this week - Strawbo, GT's, Trinity, in Surry HIlls.

I have been trying to eat more meals at home, mind, and breakfast and lunch are always at home or home-made. I usually eat out when one of my friends suggests it - hard to say no to going out.

GT's (in the Gaelic Club, or at least in the same buiding) has a great Thai restaurant and all beers, on tap or in bottles are $5. I had a jungle curry last night as somebody told me that coconut milk is mega-high in cholesterol?

I was unable to say no to chips tonight in the Trinity - grilled barra, salad, don't often have chips, and on Wed night after the quiz night, I had tuna steak, with salad.

I walking around the City and Surry Hills on Friday night when I 'alighted' at Central - George St, Liverpool, Elizabeth, found a bottle shop on Elizabeth with 'hundreds' of craft beers for sale. I did not know that was there?

Then I was walking around Goulburn, Wentworth Ave, Foster St, near 'Long Grain' restaurant - recommend that to anyone! There are a couple of places I liked the look of in Foster St, just past the Hollywood hotel - new wine bar/eatery. So many places, but I stick to my tried and trusted places!