JoannaAch

Moving to Sydney in 90 days!

Hello everybody,

Me and hubby are moving to Sydney in February. I am a scientist in Cancer Research and my husband is currently working as a painter and hopes to open his own renovations company soon. We are both 27 years old.

We have PR visas and are from Germany. I am very interested in Sydney suburbs and life style. Initially we will be living with a family friend in Westmead, but plan to rent something more far away from city center and hopefully cheaper... I will check the forum for reviews of the suburbs I have been considering.

Right now we are seriously busy with all the preparations for the move!

Great to join a forum of other people that moved to Sydney.

Have a nice day,

Jo & Rafael

• Like 1

Hello Joanna and Rafael,

Welcome to the Sydney forum. You must be really excited now the move is getting closer :)

It is seriously hard work preparing for the move, isn't it. We will be a few weeks behind you and it feels like there is still so much to do.

I wish you much success in your move and look forward to your updates

Metoo x

• Like 1

hi there

we are hoping to be flying out on 19th jan, just waiting for visas which should be anytime now, then i will be straight onto singapore airlines to book our flights!!

my husband is a panel beater and has a job on a 457, we two children 4 & 7 so all excited.Not really sure where we will stay when we arrive whilst looking for a rental so any advice on that one greatfully received!! x

• Like 1

Hi Lucy-Lou,

January, not long for you guys now then. No wonder you are all excited.

It is always a dilemma on deciding where to stay while you find a rental.

In our case, my OH will be flying to Sydney alone and hopefully he will find us a decent rental and then come back to UK to help with the final removals. Fortunately we have friends in the area who will put him up for a couple of weeks while he is looking.

Without this option, I guess we would be looking at these guys

http://www.stayz.com.au/short-term-rentals-accommodation/nsw/sydney

Good luck with your search, I hope you have a happy and successful move.

Metoo x

Ps let us know how you get on

• Like 1

hi there

we are hoping to be flying out on 19th jan, just waiting for visas which should be anytime now, then i will be straight onto singapore airlines to book our flights!!

my husband is a panel beater and has a job on a 457, we two children 4 & 7 so all excited.Not really sure where we will stay when we arrive whilst looking for a rental so any advice on that one greatfully received!! x

Hi Lucy Lou, its great that you get one last Christmas before you fly out. Singapore Airlines are great, do you have a long stop over, if so book in to the transit hotel

Hiya, no it's only 1hr 45mins i've gone for the shortest stopover possible so no hanging around! ;) x

We broke ours up, I think we had 8 hours in Singapore but we never left the airport we just booked the transit hotel and slept solid

I think we just want to get there but next time we come back to the uk then we will go for a longer stop over so we can have a mooch and a rest like you said.

I have the horrible job of taking my cats to their new home today, not looking forward to it:( x

I think we just want to get there but next time we come back to the uk then we will go for a longer stop over so we can have a mooch and a rest like you said.

I have the horrible job of taking my cats to their new home today, not looking forward to it:( x

Oh boy, that's tough. I hope they settle ok.

My OH came across a beautiful cat last week when he was visiting a customer. The guys informed him that the cat was a stray and that they had been feeding him. They even got him a collar, they had tried everything to find the owners but poor cat was not chipped and nobody replied to their poster campagne. They asked if we wnted to take him. OH was sooo tempted to bring him home but as we are already paying to bring one cat over (had him for 8 yrs) it just seemed too much of a financial burden to bring two. If we weren't migrating I guess we old have been a 2 cat family now lol.

I am sure the new owners will love your pussy cats as much as you do. Cats are great.

Metoo x

Yes it was very tough and believe me if i could of afforded it i would have taken them with us (9 yrs old) but it would cost us £2,000 and we just can't afford that, plus they are very very timid and i think flying them over would've finished them off! If not the heat would :D xx