Martin Smith

New in town

Hello all! I am recently living in Melbourne, but I will be moving to Sydney very soon (everything is sorted, so it's just a matter of time). I have found an apartment and everything, but I need an advice - I need a good cleaning company because the previous owners of the apartment have been everything but clean. Friends recommended these guys as the best cleaners in Sydney "web address removed" but I'd still like more opinions. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the Sydney Forum,

Sorry I can't help with cleaners but hopefully somebody will be along soon to help you out.

Metoo

Pfftt! There are hundreds of companies.....I'd just take pot luck to be quite honest

Have used a couple, both were OK, wouldn't necessarily recommend them and it's a big city so we have always just used someone local, which would be my top tip. And just pick one yourself rather than get a recommendation from an agent. I strongly suspect those with agent "tie ups" overcharge and give the agents a backhander for recommending them

Erm, not sure what you mean Kate. Where are you as in did I move to Sydney already (if so, yes), or where are you as in "why haven't you been active" (sorry about that, I do check the forum from time to time, but rarely get involved).

FYI, I did use the aforementioned company "removed web address" what can I tell you...well, they did a decent enough job, but what I liked most was the price. But I am not going to talk much about them, because I don't want to sound as an advertising, just sharing my experience.

As for my presence in the forum, I'll do my best to make it more regular. Still getting used to my life in Sydney, though, so I don't have much time.

• Like 2

I just don't understand why your IP address is Bulgaria and is in the spam directories. It seems like you are pulling our legs. I will take the links out for now until you prove otherwise ;)

Do what you must, Kate, that's why you are the admin here :) To be honest I do a fair bit of travelling due to my work commitments and I do visit Europe frequently, so I could have logged in the forum while travelling. I joined the forum because I needed some help and then just though I'd share my experience with that particular company. After all that's what forums are for, right? I am not sure what I have to prove in this case, but I will stay in the forum and do my best to help with whatever I can :)