Sign in to follow this  
Guest neil_mann

Cycling

Guest neil_mann

Hi

New to the area. West suburbs, got my container arriving next week hopefully!!!

Road bike is on the way, anyone keen on getting out on the bike be good to hear from you.

I used to get out 2/3 times a week back home, doing rides from 20 - 50 ish miles.

Cheers

Neil

Guest northshorepom

Hi Neil

I cycle a lot - commute by bike - but I'm nowhere near you - live on the Upper North Shore and work in Chatswood, Pennant Hills or North Sydney depending on the day

Cycling provision in Sydney is very patchy. In the Eastern Suburbs, Inner West and especially City of Sydney, it's pretty good. Decent bike lanes. In many other council areas it's rubbish, as it's totally dependent on the council. Up here on the North Side it's awful, frankly. I was shocked by it when I came here, not in a good way as with Australia's track record in cycling and climate I figured it would be really popular and well catered for. Not so. The topography doesn't help, as it's really pretty hilly up here, but that's not really any excuse. Drivers won't cut you much slack either I'm afraid. Much more aggressive than at home

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - hey, where you live it might be completely different