Guest thisonesforclicks

Blue Mts Day Trip

Guest thisonesforclicks

Anyone have a recommended tour operator for a day trip to Blue Mts...or....would it be more fun (as I suspect) to do your own (i.e. take the train and do whatever once you get there) outing? I did find one "eco friendly" operator with some nice choices of walks but they appear to be an "if you have to ask the price you probably can't afford it" type.

Will be in Sydney at the end of November.

Thanks

When I visit the Blue Mountains, I go by car and I'm not really into bushwalking as such, so I can't recommend any tour operators from personal experience, but, if you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the Blue Mountains City Council 's tourism office website at Blue Mountains Tourism » Accommodation & Tours

Most of the natural wonders are a fair distance from the stations - the Three Sisters would be almost two kilometres from Katoomba station, for example and, although it would be a pleasant enough walk, if your time is limited you would need some other way of getting there.

• Like 1

If you want to go by public transport, you can spend a day going to Wentworth Falls. The national pass or the Wentworth Pass hike is beautiful! You get to see 4 or so waterfalls up close. If you do have a car, scenic world is a good option for a leisure walk through greenery.

The three sisters is always a default option!

If abit more adventurous, I've seen people do canyoning in the Wentworth Falls area. I haven't done it but I've been dying to!