Sign in to follow this  
Guest SaraB

Marketing jobs in Sydney

Guest SaraB

Hi,

I am currently living in Perth, and have been living/working here for about 18 months on a PR visa.

I am considering moving to Sydney for lots of reasons, not least that there are far more marketing jobs on Seek compared to Perth.

So I was wondering if anyone could advise on marketing jobs in Sydney. In Perth they are so stuck on industry experience that they will not look at you if you haven't worked in that industry before. This is completely rediculous, when marketing skills are so transferable. In the UK industry experience is not really important - or certainly less so.

So I'm wondering is it the same in Sydney or is that just a Perth thing?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Love Shoes

Hi Sara

A warm welcome to the forum ... hope you can get some answers .... I can't answer you sorry, I know nothing about marketing, hopefully though we will have a member who can help you ... good luck BTW x x

Guest Kate

They do like you to have Australian Experience which is impossible if no one will give you a chance in the first place. The best thing to do would be to volunteer at a place first then at least you can say you have gained experience.

Guest Captain Maracas

Hi Sara

I have a couple of friends who work in Marketing in Sydney. Hoping to move there myself later on this year and work as a copywriter. What kind of job are you looking for?

Guest Greg

Hi everyone,

I am a newcomer and will arrive together with my family in Sydney on 23-th of October. I am trying to find a job online before my arrival but it seems difficult until now. I am also in Sales/Marketing with more than 10 years experience in variety of sectors and Master degree but have not AU-experience still. Any advice how to structure my research and which ways for finding a job are reliable will be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest Captain Maracas

What's your experience, Greg? Can you give an indication of job titles held? And where? --- client or agency side? Have you tried any headhunters?

Guest Greg

I have experience as a Key Account manager, Supply chain manager, Corporate sales manager and Commercial Director. I've been in sales/marketing since 2004 and gained experience in wholesales of office products and consumer electronics; my last job here was in energy business and i have recommendation from all companies I have worked for.

In AU I tried to apply online directly for some positions advertised by Seek.com.

Agency contacted until now -> Michael Page and Adecco. I have not any contacts of headhunters in AU.