Metoo

How's your day been ?

Been a bit teary this arvo.....saw my parents off at the airport at lunchtime. I know it's the last time my Dad will be able to come (he's nearly 80, and quite infirm). TBH I'm worried my kids won't see him again, we won't go back to England for another 2 years and, well.....not sure he'll still be with us then :-(

Massive hugs NSP x

We got married in Lymington.....ceremony, reception, works at Stanwell House Hotel and then everyone stayed over. We booked the whole hotel out, it was like a lovely weekend away at the seaside with friends and family, in the middle of which we happened to get married. Lovely :)

That sounds absolutely brilliant, I bet you got some beautiful photos too. We are actually heading down that way tomorrow, OH has a couple of business calls to make in Bournmouth and as its my day off I am going along for the ride. We may make a detour to Lymington, time permitting.

I hope your parents had a lovely time with you in Sydney, at least they got to see you in your Australian home, sadly for us we won't get any such visit as our parents have all passed away (except one, who has dementia) Hold on to your happy memories NSP,

Metoo x

How was my day today? Well after a very early start (couldn't sleep) I caught up with all the laundry from the weekend. We were away for 3 days in Stratford on Avon. I have to say, I really liked Stratford. There was a guy singing in the street outside the RSC (Royal Shakespeare Co) he sang songs from the musicals and he was absolutely brilliant, a whole mini concert for free.

Oh yes, back to today, well you always come crashing down to earth when you go back to work after being away and today was no exception. I was on a lateshift today 1pm till 10pm boooo worst shift ever, seemed to go on and on.

Ah well, better get some shut eye no as its gone midnight and we are up early tomorrow

Night all xx

Morning everyone,

Today we are on our way to Eastbourne and then Portsmouth. OH is working and I am just tagging along for a day out. We have a nice little picnic tucked away in the cooler and listening to Gold Four Counties on the radio (Loove really hurts without you) we have 17c but its still quite early so hopefully will get a bit warmer as the clouds clear.

Oh dear, I think I'm becoming weather obsessed, I am dreading the winter and am becoming so aware that it will be making an appearance very soon.

Anyway, on the M1 just coming up to Dunstable and in the thick of the traffic, just passed a truck on fire north bound and his fire engine just passed us.

Have a good day all

Metoo x

Been a bit teary this arvo.....saw my parents off at the airport at lunchtime. I know it's the last time my Dad will be able to come (he's nearly 80, and quite infirm). TBH I'm worried my kids won't see him again, we won't go back to England for another 2 years and, well.....not sure he'll still be with us then :-(

Sorry to hear this NSP. It is an upsetting time but on the plus side he has seen you in your new country and in his mind he will be happy knowing that he has seen how happy and settled you are.

• Like 1

We have started to renovate my bathroom. Stripped out everything, bath, toilet, hand basin, tiles, flooring. Now the floor boards are coming up so that OH can retrace the plumbing because we are moving everything. Twin basins where the radiator used to be, radiator where the toilet was, toilet where basin was.

Oh my, this is a massive DIY project. Now that its all out, I hope we can get it all back in lol. We currently have no running water, no central heating and nowhere to pee :) Considering OH is not a plumber, and has never fitted a bathroom before this is a giant leap of faith.

Had to go to McDonalds yesterday to use their loo, though we did have a burger and a shake while we were there.

I have some pics on my phone, will try and post some so you can see the horror of it all lol

• Like 2

Wow you are brave. I wouldn't let Rob near anything like this. If I did it would take him 4 years to get around to planning how he was going to do it. He would eventually do an excellent job but his planning takes too long for me.

• Like 1

Currently looking for a rental for my son, he bought a dog and has decided he doesn't want to share with his landlady anymore. Problem is agents up here are nightmares, he needs to be earning three times what the rent is. Despite him not having any debt, credit cards etc. He earns more than me, has no dependents (ok the dog) and works 12 hour shifts. Yet he is going to really struggle.

Wow you are brave. I wouldn't let Rob near anything like this. If I did it would take him 4 years to get around to planning how he was going to do it. He would eventually do an excellent job but his planning takes too long for me.

Well, two weeks into it now and we have running water but still no loo and no central heating. The running water by the way is in the kitchen, not the bathroom. I just wish it was over arghhhhhh

• Like 2

Hello Friends, I am seeking your help to help my fellow Filipinos during this time of their struggle.

I would like to ask for donations like used clothes, blankets, etc.

If you are interested please reply to this post or private message me.

Thank you so much. Your help will go a long way. xx

• Like 1

Getting ready to head to the hospital. Spent the last few days sorting my boys out who have rented a house together

I hope they are taking good care of you at the hospital Kate. It must be a challenge fitting your life around so many appointments. Hopefully they will get you feeling better so you can keep an eye on those boys in their new pad.

Metoo x

• Like 1

Kate .... Hope all went well at the hospital, as ever I am thinking of you x x glad the boys have sorted out a nice pad .... Bet you miss them. X x

Metoo ... Those bathroom pictures bring back memories, I remember when we had ours done, showers at the gym gave my membership a whole new meaning ..... It'll all be worth it though ..... X x

We have started to renovate my bathroom. Stripped out everything, bath, toilet, hand basin, tiles, flooring. Now the floor boards are coming up so that OH can retrace the plumbing because we are moving everything. Twin basins where the radiator used to be, radiator where the toilet was, toilet where basin was.

Oh my, this is a massive DIY project. Now that its all out, I hope we can get it all back in lol. We currently have no running water, no central heating and nowhere to pee :) Considering OH is not a plumber, and has never fitted a bathroom before this is a giant leap of faith.

Had to go to McDonalds yesterday to use their loo, though we did have a burger and a shake while we were there.

I have some pics on my phone, will try and post some so you can see the horror of it all lol

Very brave lady indeed ..... I wouldn't let my oh do any plumbing ..... As for electrics ..... Well he nearly flew through the patio doors once after taking a light switch off the wall so I could wallpaper around it, he forgot to turn the electricity off, and was thrown to the other end of the room ...... Shouldn't have laughed, but it was bloody funny ...... Oh I miss his DIY disasters ..... Maybe one day we will buy somewhere and I can let him loose again ..... Or maybe not ..... Lol

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]245[/ATTACH] Just realised, our first call today is in 'Upper Dicker' ha ha you couldn't make it up. There's a Lower Dicker too!

Love it, was wondering who could have possibly come up with that name, ...... Couldn't think of anything clean, lol ......

So how was today? Here in the UK its pretty cold. I am now in the habit of covering my windscreen every night so as to avoid the early morning scraping ritual of last year. Even the cat won't go out unless I push him out of the door and even then he is straight back in as soon as he's had a wee.

We have even changed our eating habits now, instead of corn flakes with ice cold milk we are having ready breck, or porridge for that warm glow. Last week we had beef stew and dumplings made over several hours in the slow cooker, hot beef chilli and chicken curry were also on the menu.

Hot water bottle has been recovered from the airing cupboard as have my slipper boots and long fluffy dressing gown.

Will I miss winter when we move to Sydney? I don't think so :rolleyes:

Got up this morning at 6am, the fog was so thick I could only just make out the house across the road. Had to drive very carefully to work as it was also very dark. All was good once I found out how to switch on the fog lights lol

Hello everyone

Well we finally had our visas approved yesterday, i'm so excited i'm going to pop:p

Hoping to book our flights this week for 19th jan, we having the shipping people coming on 30th december with our new tenants moving in on the 1st jan - just need to find somewhere to live for 3 weeks before we leave! :confused:

Really looking forward to our new adventure:) xx

• Like 2

Congratulations Lucy-Lou,

All systems go now then. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Have a lovely Christmas and give us a shout when you arrive and let us know how you are getting on.

Good wishes Metoo x

• Like 2

Pretty crap ..... Blooming well rained all day, but I came home to a beautiful surprise, Father Christmas came early, a wonderful friend had asked him to deliver me some boutique wines, boy am I looking forward to tucking into them ..... X x and if my wonderful friend sees this post .... I love you, your so kind x x

• Like 1

So, today is day 5 of my New Years diet.

I hope to lose 2 stones over the next 5 months.

It is a simple diet, consisting of porridge for breckie, fruit and yoghurt for lunch and sensible, low fat meal for tea.

No alcohol (though I don't drink much anyway) and absolutely no bread. The no bread thing will be the hardest as I just love my toast. This is not a recognised diet, I just made it up.

I will see how it goes over the next few weeks, I would like to be a size 12 again in time for the summer, I am currently size 14/16 and not comfortable at this weight.

My daughter bought me a wii fit for Christmas and I had a go of that this evening. There is a balance checker on there, you stand on one leg on the wii board and hold it for 30 seconds. It can tell if you wobble or if you lean one way or the other.

Apparently, I'm unbalanced. OH said he agrees with that lol

Metoo x

• Like 1