Sign in to follow this  
Kate

Dougies Grill

I have heard so many good things about this place, so when I saw the review posted below I thought I would share:

Whether you're a footy or falafel lover, Dougie’s grill has got you covered. The moment you walk into Dougie’s you sense a funky fusion of Aussie and Middle Eastern cultures. Using the decor as inspiration, we chose to go with a mixed shish plate and the Aussie burger, with neither meal disappointing. However, the skewers on the mix plate lost some points as they were only lukewarm. The Aussie burger taste is dominated by the juicy meat patty and beetroot, a perfect companion after a long days work.

grill.jpg

Patrons who are conscious of their hips need not fret; there is also a healthy range which includes grilled chicken breast, rice and salad.

As with most Middle Eastern foods, you’re not eating it right if your hands don't get messy. So it is no surprise to find a large basin just to the side of the ordering counter. Multiple trips to the sink were required during our meal and we negotiated between food and the SLR camera.

Dougie’s is definitely worth a revisit as they have taken the keep it simple approach, throwing in the most common and favourite foods that each culture has to offer.

Dougie's Flame Grilled - Hurstville239 Forest Road, Hurstville, NSW, 2220

Ph: 02 9585 9688

Dougie's Flame Grilled - Manly47 North Steyn, Manly, NSW, 2095

http://www.dougiesgrill.com.au/